Sunki the Service Animal

Sunki the Service Animal

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Comicon

We had quite the adventure on the weekend. Now for those of my loyal readers that aren't on my Facebook Fan group, I'll get to what happened a little later.

I was really hoping that mommy Louise would be coming with us, but as it turned out it was good that our backup attendant came instead. We brought uncle Matthew as daddy's attendant (in this case we call him an attendant because they let them in for free, whereas best friends don't get in free). We wondered around looked at different booths, had lunch, then Matthew had to go to work for a bit. So it was just me and daddy for a few hours.

Daddy's costume was a big hit


Now this is a droid I'd be happy to look for


This is daddy's Easter Egg, this puzzle piece is our way of saying daddy is autistic.
 A little back story to the puzzle piece above, daddy wanted to put something on his costume to show he was A) autistic and B) supports autism awareness. But we didn't want ANYTHING to do with Autism Speaks. So with the help of fellow autistic cosplayers on Facebook, they came up with this design. The angular puzzle piece represents how autistic people can fit into society, the Mandalorian text in the top right, translated is AU short for AUtistic. And in the bottom left is the infinity symbol, it represents how many forms autism can take from person to person.
  
Daddy and a young Boba Fett




A few Star Wars kids.
I played an even bigger and important roll on Saturday evening, and this is why having uncle Matthew with us was so important. Daddy overheated in his costume, to the point where he was really sick. uncle Matthew is trained to take care of people like daddy, so after making sure daddy wasn't going to pass out, he went and got help. Nothing the nurse could do made daddy feel better, so they sent him to the hospital, along with me and uncle Matthew. While we were still in the nurses office daddy started having a panic attack, uncle Matthew brought me to daddy, and he started to calm down. I got to ride on the stretcher with daddy.

I'm going to have to stop, daddy is reading this over my shoulder (and between my ears), and is starting to have an anxiety attack from a flash back to that. I'll continue this story a little later after I have daddy calmed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment